-->

shortcut keys in ms word


“I saw a bank that said ’24 Hour Banking’, but I don’t have that much time”. 
– Steven Wright (comedian)
Being a part-time writer and a full-time dad, I am very concerned with my productivity. I want to get my writing assignments done well and fast so I can enjoy more time with my wife and daughter. Now I’m sure that not all of you reading this have families to raise and all, but I’m guessing two things:
1. All of you want to improve your productivity and efficiency at work (otherwise you won’t be reading this blog).
2. Most of you use Microsoft Word pretty frequently in your day-to-day work. So, assuming those assumptions are correct, I’d like to help you improve your productivity by sharing 20 of the most useful Microsoft Word shortcut keys. What’s the relation between productivity and shortcut keys you say? A lot! Find out all about it here. Of course, not all shortcut keys are created equal, some are totally useful, and some are not. That is why I am focusing on the most useful ones. So go forth, and multiply… your productivity.
  • Ctrl+W. Close the active window / document.
  • Ctrl+Z.  Undo an action.
  • Ctrl+Y. Redo the last action or repeat an action.
  • Ctrl+S. Save a document.
  • Ctrl+P. Print a document.
  • Ctrl+K. Insert a hyperlink.
  • Alt+Left. Arrow Go back one page.
  • Alt+Right. Arrow Go forward one page.
  • Ctrl+C. Copy selected text or graphics to the Office Clipboard.
  • Ctrl+V. Paste the most recent addition to the Office Clipboard.
  • Ctrl+Shift+A. Format all letters as capitals.
  • Ctrl+B. Applies or removes bold formatting.
  • Ctrl+I. Applies or removes italic formatting.
  • Ctrl+=. Apply subscript formatting (automatic spacing).
  • Alt, F, A. Save As.
  • Alt, S, T, I. Insert Table of Contents.
  • Alt, S, T, R. Remove Table of Contents.
  • Alt, W, F. Full Screen Reading – View > Document Views > Full Screen Reading.
  • Alt, W, R. Ruler. View > Show/Hide > Ruler.
  • Alt, F, X. Exit Word.
Tada! There you go. These shortcuts may seem difficult at first, but trust me, learning and practicing them will reward you by saving you a lot of time eventually. If you want an easier way to learn these and other useful shortcuts keys, download KeyRocket, the simple and fun way oflearning keyboard shortcuts to help you improve your productivity.

BY BONAVENTURE

Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.

Disqus Comments